Independent Agents vs. Direct Writers
In today’s world, everyone needs insurance and most think only of what benefits they can get the quickest for the cheapest. We’re here to tell you that this is not always the priority you should be concerned with. As far as getting insurance, there are two main options for most. You can either work with an Independent insurance agent or you can work with a direct write insurance company. Lets examine these two options to see which would ultimately be the better option for you and your needs.
To obtain a direct quote, you will either need to call a number you find online or fill out forms; giving out personal information to get a quote that you may not understand, or having numerous calls coming to you at times convenient to the caller, not to you. There are several different coverage options that are not mentioned by the robot you're forced to talk to. Some things might sound great coming from a robot, like a $0 deductible plan, but if you're thinking that’s too good to be true, you’re probably right!
Steps to get a quote online:
- Find WiFi (preferably free)
- Google Insurance Companies
- Choose a reputable company
- Put all of your personal information on the internet
- Go through coverages and deductibles written in complicated language
- Choose what (might) be best for you and your family
- Finally, you’re able to compare premium amounts and coverages between multiple companies using multiple websites which takes time and patience
What seems to be the best step in this list? Free WiFi of course!
The other steps involved seem mundane and frankly, quite scary. No one likes to enter personal information online and even less people like to read through information that they don’t necessarily understand. Even if you call to get the information translated, you will be dealing with automated robots and never actually talk to a live person. This is what today's direct insurance writers are built on. Working with an Independent Agent will likely be more personable and will provide you with benefits that can be used to your advantage.
Some benefits of using an Independent Agent instead:
- Agents have at their disposal, the ability to check with multiple companies in order to find the coverage and premium that fits your lifestyle and needs. It is likely they will be able to find a lower rate than you could find yourself and find savings that you were not aware that you qualify for.
- Independent Agents are able to not only get quotes quickly from multiple companies but they are also able to get quotes to meet all of your needs. Including Home, Auto, Motorcycle etc.
- Independent Agents are working for you and with you to find coverage and options that will benefit you and your family. They are live people who can actually break down the terminology to help you understand what is covered and what is not. They work for you to make sure you are receiving all that you may need in times of crisis.
Independent agents, like Momentum Insurance, are built to help you. They are armed with knowledge, ready to educate you on the coveages that meet your needs. If you have questions or are just interested in getting a quote to compare your options with that direct insurance company you have now, give us a call and our team here at Momentum Insurance will be happy to help you and your family!